Sunday 24 August 2014

Back to Uni with Parfois!









"You can never be overdressed or overeducated" Oscar Wilde











I've been looking for a perfect bag to carry my things to uni since months before I even started my classes. And it's been a hard task. I've tried tote bags that belonged to my sisters, but I could never fit everything perfectly. I bought a computer briefcase but it was too heavy and it made my shoulders hurt even more than they usually do. 

I carry too many things to uni, I know. But I need them: wallet, house keys, books, notebooks, binders, vanity case, white coat, latex gloves, pencil case, mobile phone, umbrellas during winter, my iPad, my computer sometimes... And this knowing that I don't need to bring a stethoscope or go to the hospital yet! 

So I really needed a bag that was both fashionable and practical. And I may have found it. After some weeks studying non-stop, the other day I decided to take a break and I went out to have lunch with mom and one of my sisters. Then, we decided to go shopping, something I hadn't properly done since I started med school. It felt so awesome. 

I was looking at some cute boots for winter when I saw this amazing Winter Computer Briefcase by Parfois. I instantly felt in love. When I picked it up and inspected it, I felt in love even harder. When I saw the price, I knew I was done for. It was perfect. 

Let me show you why I say this: 




It comes with five compartments so you can organize everything perfectly. Knowing where everything is in my bag is something important. It's infuriating wasting your time looking for things you know are there but that you can not see because your purse is always a mess when there are more important things that require you attention

A nice little pocket inside one of the compartments for my iPad. Yay! ♡
This is such a thoughtful detail


The quality of the briefcase is really good. The material feels nice and the zips slide smoothly. There's plenty of room for storage in this bag, which is fortunate since I seem to carry most of my belongings with me when I go to uni. Might as well throw a pillow in it and take it out to take some more than needed naps between classes and practices. 





There's a front pocket which is perfect for carrying the things you need more often, as house keys (which have the infuriating fixation of getting lost in a parallel dimension inside my bag), or your bus or metro ticket. 



It's the perfect size and it comes with a strap so you can carry it hanging on your shoulder. This is really useful when I have my hands loaded with heavy volumes and my meal bag. More than once I've found myself gathering up papers that had ended up scattered on the pavement in rainy days, with my umbrella turned inside out and the library books lying there, looking at me with accusing eyes. Or maybe I'm just that clumsy. 

The strap is wide and comes with a padded bit in order to not end up with your shoulder circulation cut because of the heaviness of all the things I carry. 




I'm quite happy with the quality of the materials used to make this briefcase. It seems sturdy enough to storage all the things I'll need in my longest days at uni and face up all the beating it can suffer from going in public transport and being carried from classes to the lab, from the dissection room to the cafeteria, from the patio to the seminary rooms. When I start using it I'll talk to you about how it resists the battle! 

  
Here's a more detailed picture so you can see the color of the briefcase. I chose the navy blue one, but there were some other lovely colors that made deciding which one to buy quite hard. I already owned some black handbags and tote bags, as well a a camel one. I'm not really a pink girl and that color wouldn't fit with most of my clothes, so the navy blue it was! I'm also in need of some serious wardrobe renewal, since I lost half of my clothes during the house moving (if you want something done right, do it yourself, at least with your clothes and your books), and this is a good chance of making some quite serious style changes. 

Images taken form Parfois.com  

I don't know why, but this feels like a fresh start. Last year wasn't exactly easy, and I've learned a lot of things I shouldn't do, and in the hard way, believe me. This is like a symbol of my determination to do things better. And well, improving while looking fabulous is just the icing on the cake. 

__________________________

What about you?
 Are you looking forward to your next academic year?
What are the things that make you motivated to get into a new project? 


2 comments:

  1. Its such a good feeling, finding something thats absolutely perfect and actually useful xD Good luck on your second year :D
    And as for myself, I'm trying really hard to study for the MCAT >.> but it's not easy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I've heard of MCATs, but I don't know how they actually work?
      Getting into med school here in Spain was a pain in the ass as well. I had to take my exams THREE TIMES! Goodness, that was a nightmare of a summer!
      Best of luck for your exams, you'll ace them!!!! :D

      Delete

If you comment, you will make me happy. Maybe we don't know each other, but making others happy is always a great thing. You're the best.



blogger template by lovebird